Saturday, May 26, 2007
i just fell in love with some italian cheeses i had today for lunch:
- from alta langa in cuneo, a fresh goat cheese, the rutulin
- another from cuneo, a mixed-milk, semi-soft cheese, the raschera d.o.p.
- also from alta langa, a goat camembert-type cheese, called "boccocino di pura capra," milky, pale, delicate (i second the recommendation of this for people who find other cheeses of this type too strong)
- a nice bit of parmesan reggiano
- a valtellina casera d.o.p., pretty hard, with lacy holes and from the veneto, a sottocenere al tartufo, tasting clearly of cinnamon and black truffles (don't raise your eyebrows, it's creamy, delicious, and addictive)
- some persicata or peach paste
on jaiku we had a little discussion as to what would have been the best wine to match. . .anyway, i highly recommend the sottocenere and the raschera!
Tags: cheese :: italy :: rutulin :: sottocenere :: boccocino di pura capra :: valtellina casera :: raschera :: parmesan :: persicata :: alta langa :: cuneo :: lombardy :: piedmont :: veneto :: bread coffee chocolate yoga :: frelkins :: fortune elkins :: bklyn :: brooklyn
posted by fortune
| 3:58 PM | top | link
to this | email this: |
Links to this post: