Thursday, May 17, 2001


let me take a moment to thank all my visitors -- i appreciate the thoughtful email you send. thanks for coming by and dropping me a line.

my previous flash-based magnetic poetry site came down as part of the widespread may reboot. while most people took the opportunity to put up even more pounding-techno flash sites with xml, i decided to go the other way, even though i love flash. the result: this blog. after a lot of thought and some discussion with my friends, i decided to make a more personal site that emphasized communication, rather than toss up a bunch of fancy scripting. and i hope this current site does this.

while i eat only darker chocolates, my husband still retains a preference for milk. but finding a good milk chocolate is difficult. valrhona has the best in its jivara milk chocolate, i think. it's only 40% chocolate solids, but that's rather high for most milk chocolate.

since i often enjoy cluizel chocolate as well, i have also tried their milk chocolate. cluizel is a family-owned company that manufactures its own chocolate. however, i have to say both my husband and i have been disappointed in the cluizel lait pur java 50% milk chocolate, which has surprisingly little chocolate flavor to my taste. the aftertaste seems plain flat to me, and i was surprised by a weird dry fattiness in the bar. i went running for a glass of water; that's how much i disliked the aftertaste and the way it left a coating on my tongue.

while my husband liked the valrhona, in the end he was just as happy with lindt. so i'm still searching for a really lovely milk chocolate for my husband. got a recommendation? drop it my way -- i'll appreciate it.

posted by fortune | 8:40 AM | top | link to this | email this: | | | 0 comments