Thursday, June 14, 2001


today a reader emailed to ask me about the kind of yoga i practice, where i practice it, and if i do ashtanga yoga. . .

to which i must reply, no. i don't do ashtanga because my hips are too tight. i have taken several classes but can't really get far into the flow. thus i practice a vinyasa yoga and work on my tight hips. when you see me in a nice folded-in-eight-places pose (also known as flying-side-crow, etc.), then you'll see me try ashtanga yoga class again.

mostly i practice at yoga people in brooklyn heights, simply because it offers convenient times, isn't too far from my house, and has nice, friendly people. the new york times has described it as yoga-delic. i also have started a yoga program at my job, which offers classes to all employees three times per week, although i normally can go to that only once a week. finally, i also take private lessons from the sivananda- and jivamukti-certified teacher nancy lanasa.

for those interested in ashtanga, i offer some links that may or may not be familiar:



thanks again for writing! i read all your email and answer every one within a day or two!

posted by fortune | 11:21 AM | top | link to this | email this: | | | 0 comments