Monday, August 13, 2001


let's chat about coffee today, hmm?

the mohonk roasters at the clove cafe have been very kindly brought to my attention. i hope next week to have tried some of their coffee; naturally you'll all be the first to hear.

i think i'll request a quarter pound of the espresso ground at 3, since my saeco 2002 really doesn't grind properly for my silvia. the coffee's coming to me the same day (i hope!) so that it will still be fresh enough for testing. i'd also like to take a quarter pound of the ethiopian, whole bean. i'll grind this myself for the vac pot. i'm also tempted to try the shawangunk morning blend, except that i have no idea what the shawangunk is. a mountain maybe?

it's so fashionable now to live upstate part time, that i know; but i must confess that anything north of the cloisters might as well be canada to me. well, where ever it is, let's hope they can use what looks like a diedrich roaster to good effect!

posted by fortune | 10:46 AM | top | link to this | email this: | | | 0 comments