Monday, July 07, 2003


we make the times

yes my friends, it's true -- the nyc scaa membership event and previous coffee party did in fact make the front page of the new york times this morning. i don't mean the front page of the food section; i mean the front page, A1!

once again, let me express my gratitude to the scaa; deborah baldwin and chester higgins of the times; david dallis, steve schulman, and jim munson of dallis coffee and kudo beans; gary and todd of wholelattelove; as well as to all the great consumer members of the scaa who came and participated!

the print version has a great photo of the consumer members gathered around a batch of fresh-roasted espresso. the web version (log your bad self in as bccy1, password) features a photo of my own rancilio home machine, the silvia. sadly, no pic of the equally lovely mazzer grinder, the mini.

i should also take a moment to thank glenn surlet of rancilio, who has always stood up for us home users of beautiful silvia, as well as don schoenholt of gillies coffee (buy his coffee here!), the behind-the-scenes guy who helped make so much of this happen.

and dear readers, let me thank you. your comments and email have long offered great inspiration for this site.

finally, let me thank my husband mr. right, for his patience with all this coffee stuff, and his willingness to endure my travelling and all the time i put into it. . .

posted by fortune | 9:37 AM | top | link to this | email this: | | | 0 comments