Sunday, September 28, 2003


saying goodbye to yoga journal

today yoga journal called me -- telemarketing on a sunday afternoon, ugh! -- to urge me to renew my subscription.

and i declined. actually, i hadn't noticed it had lapsed. yoga journal's weird 7-month publishing schedule and irregular issuance just got me to the point where i was surprised to ever see it in my mailbox.

and when i did, it seemed like the same 12 people were in it all the time. i guess yoga journal's fine, but it never told me anything i didn't already know.

i never felt challenged or excited by it, which i suppose is why it is so popular. in constrast, the more intense namarupa floats my boat even tho' i actually don't always agree with its point of view.

maybe i never agree with its point of view, since it's very devotional in a hindu-oriented way. but i'm complex in this regard, so it interests me and repels me at the same time. . .

whatever it is, it's challenging, engaging, thought-provoking, and a little learned. i suppose it's the new york review of books of yoga in a way?

a rainy day, so the coffee ground a little fine, and the pizza dough needed a touch less water. it's definitely fall now and to celebrate i'm doing the unthinkable: going out for some quality pepperoni for mr. right's personal pizza.

long-time readers know that i myself, unimaginative stick in the mud that i am, eat only margheritas. . .

posted by fortune | 11:04 AM | top | link to this | email this: | | | 0 comments