Friday, June 18, 2004


traffic cops & cold sumatra

long-time readers know that bccy lives on my free earthlink webspace, because i never had a reason to justify moving it to a paid domain.

however, with the recent spike in traffic (thank you, eric case & the blogger team!) i'm being crushed by hits.

my bandwidth is running thru my fingers. earthlink is sending me messages, threatening to take me offline.

so i'm taking this opportunity to inform you all that if you temporarily have difficulty accessing the site, it's because cranky earthlink has pulled my plug.

i am hastening to set up an alternate venue at bccy.blogspot.com today or tomorrow. even if you can't view this webpage for a day or two, you will probably be able to read me thru my xml/rss file. you can subscribe to this via bloglines.

please stay tuned for further developments. . .

the weather in new york continues to be hot & humid. thus i greeted this morning with a tall glass of don schoenholt's gillies grade-1 triple-picked "kuda mas" sumatra lintong over ice. the coffee ice cubes i made from k's grade 2 ethiopian sidamo work as an interesting counterpoint.

the mellow, heavy sumatra is enlivened by the bright & chocolate-y sidamo as they slowly melt into each other. . .

posted by fortune | 6:51 AM | top | link to this | email this: | | | 0 comments